So you got a full course load and couldn’t land that campus gig. Or maybe you’ve got a job but need some extra side work that you can do out of your dorm. We got you!
You may not have heard of these sites before but they’re great for job hunting.
- Work-for-hire sites: Good at graphic design, writing, or programming? Check out Fiverr, Upwork, or Freelancer.
- UserTesting: Get paid to test websites and apps. All you need is a computer or cell and an internet connection.
- Amazon's Mechanical Turk: They pay students to complete tasks like transcribing videos or tagging images. But be careful of scammers.
You’d be surprised at how much you can make by participating in surveys and market research. Companies always need feedback on their products and services. Plus, some professors and universities look for participants, too.
- Survey Junkie: Get paid to take surveys and comment on products and services.
- Swagbucks: Earn extra cash doing surveys, watching videos, and playing games.
Put your creativity to good use! Set up an online store on sites like Etsy and eBay to sell handmade items and more. You can also sell stuff on your own website or on social media.
- Create a business account on Etsy: Sell anything from handmade items to digital products like printable art!
- Make an online storefront on Squarespace: They have plenty of templates with an online checkout system.
Crush a certain class? The sites below pay you to teach! Just compare their commission fees, sign-up requirements, and the number of students in your area before choosing the right one.
- Chegg Tutors
- Varsity Tutors
Working and going to school full time isn’t easy. But hopefully these online gigs make it a little more doable so you can go out and live Super!
Get to Know the Real Chi-town
Disclaimer: Super created this blog for general informational purposes only. The contents of this blog do not constitute professional financial advice. We strive to keep this information accurate and up to date to the best of our knowledge; however, we cannot guarantee continuous accuracy. Contents of the blog are subject to change without notice.